Sunday, September 22, 2013

Finally

Ok! So I am finally here and living my Italian life. And finally I am writing about it. Sorry it took me so long but it's hard to find time for stuff like this when you are an exchange student! To shorten things up both orientations (NY and Rome) went fine and I made lots of new friends! I'm pretty sure I doubled the muscle in my arms just from carrying my insanely heavy luggage. On the plane to Zurich I was tired but they had all these movies and nothing makes me happier than movies so instead of sleeping I watched The Great Gatsby, The Internship, and Goodfellas. At the Rome orientation we stayed at a hotel that used to be a convent I guess and I had an awesome roommate. It was so cool to meet people from all over the world!



I have been in Cagliari for 2 weeks today. My first week was filled with homesickness and feeling lost in a new city and home. But now that I am getting used to my city and the language and meeting new people I'm loving it more and more! The food is great and I eat pasta for almost every meal. I don't think I will ever get tired of it! I also love the fact that they drink so much coffee here because not only do I love coffee but I really love Italian coffee.

I was definitely made for city life. Coming from a small town to here makes it so much more interesting! I love that I can walk next door to a bakery or gelato shop, which I could never do at home. There is so much I want to do that I constantly need to remind myself that I have all year to do it!






I also love the people here! Everyone is so nice and helpful. When people hear I am American they get very excited! My classmates were so friendly on my first day of school and made me feel really good because it sort of freaks you out when it's your first day in a foreign school. But everyone talked to me, invited me to sit with them, and translated when the teachers said something I didn't understand. It feels great to finally have some friends here! I'm also getting close to the AFS group of kids living here. I don't get to see them as much but when I do it is sort of relieving to be able to talk to other kids who can understand what you are going through.

That's it for now! I'm going out with friends for the first time (finally) and I am really excited!
Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment