Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Visas and Cookies

Hello everyone. It's been almost a month since my last post so sorry about that but I'll warn you now: don't expect regular posts because well I'm not one to be organized or motivated. So yeah!

A week ago I went to Chicago with my family to get my visa from the Italian consulate. I had my appointment in the morning and everything went perfectly! We didn't even need the 5,000 copies my mom made of each document. I got my visa a few days ago in the mail so I'm ready to go! For the rest of that day in Chicago I spent all my time and energy running around the stores of Michigan Ave because shopping is a wonderful thing. I fell in love with Chicago in just the 2 days I was there and yes someday I will live there. It was a fabulous time in a fabulous place.
Another very exciting thing that happened in my life today was that I baked cookies! Now for most people this is no big deal, but I don't bake. And when I do I usually fail miserably. And the only time I ever bake is about once a year when I wake up and have sudden inspiration to do the almost impossible (for me this is baking). But today, all by myself, in one try, I have successfully made chocolate chip cookies! Though a little crunchy they taste good and haven't killed me yet! So I am feeling very proud of myself and you should too. Of me I mean. Please. And thanks.
The last thing is that I got my orientation info for when I'm in Rome. And I'm sort of freaking out because it's like OMIGOSH. I don't know how to explain it but I guess there are a lot of unanswered questions and I don't know like anything and yet I do and it's just like whatever but I don't know. I am very excited to meet everyone though because there will be around 470 kids from around the world! Like what! It's gonna be pretty sweet.

My biggest problem right now is what I shall do to pack. But I'm not even going to get into that right now. I mean I have time! Right? Well most likely half of my packing will be done the night before I leave anyway but oh well! So until my next post.. Arrivederci my lovies!

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't exactly 5000 copies. Maybe 50, but not 5000!

    ReplyDelete